Labels

Thursday 4 August 2011

Knit Nation - Friday

I've been dithering about what to post first, as so much has built up in the almost year since I last posted, so I've finally decided to do the most recent thing first and then go back and do the rest!

The most recent thing was Knit Nation in July.  I went for the whole weekend with my mother and sister.  On the Friday, while they did Franklin Habit's photography class (I wasn't quick enough to book myself on that one as well) I did a class with Elise Duvekot (author of "Knit One Below: One Stitch Many Fabrics") called Columns of Cables with Knit One Below.  Here is my little swatch that I made during the class:


On the Friday evening, the Marketplace was opened for a preview for students.  I dived into the Wollmeise related scrum at the Loop stand without stopping to think whether it was a good idea or not - it turned out not to be!  I adore Wollmeise but if I had my time again I think I'd wait until near the end of the preview when it would have hopefully died down a bit, and just picked through whatever was left.  I did manage to get several colours that I've wanted for ages, though, so it was worth it!

Lace in Silberdistel:

Lace in Strohblume:

Lace in 0-Rh-Negative:

100% Merino Superwash in Daisy:

100% in Mauseballett:

100% in Raku Regenbogen:

Twin (80/20 Merino/Nylon) in Wichtelwaltzer:

80/20 in Skandal Um Rosi:

80/20 in Sultan:

I also collected my pre-ordered London in Stitches set from The Bothered Owl:


And I couldn't resist their project bag made from a Doctor Who themed fabric, and the One Hand Knits pattern "Time And Relative Dimension In Socks" to go with it!

That was all I had the energy for that evening, the Wollmeise stampede rather took it out of me!

No comments: