Labels

Thursday 4 August 2011

Knit Nation - Saturday

We didn't actually spend much (any) time at Knit Nation during the day, due to other commitments such as seeing a show ("Wicked", which was excellent) and shopping elsewhere.

The elsewhere shopping was mainly Hobbycraft near my sister's flat, they had an offer on kits so I couldn't resist the opportunity to try some new crafts:


Soap, candle and lace making will all be making an appearance in my future!  The stack of little boxes will do very nicely for jewellery findings and so on.

The only visit to KN during the day was a quick stop to deliver and collect swap parcels - this was arranged via Ravelry for members of the Knit Love Club sock club.  My parcel for my swapee included this bookmark and a set of stitch markers I made myself.



I was given a parcel by a lovely lady called Mel, which included some very pretty yarn she'd dyed herself.


That night, we went to the KN bingo party in aid of Refuge.  I'd never played bingo before, but somehow I managed to win a prize!


So, at the end of a very long and busy day, we made our way to our posh hotel (below) where we were staying for the night, ate sandwiches purchased at Earl's Court tube station, and collapsed into bed.

No comments: